Make the World a Better Place
The need for skilled lawyers in environmental and science law has never been greater. Our Environmental Law, Science & Policy program gives you the chance to study and work alongside faculty with international reputations in their fields. Our program is cross-disciplinary and collaborative, drawing on the University of Arizona’s strengths in science and environmental studies.
The curriculum serves students who want to specialize in the area as well as those who want it to be part of their general legal background. Classes are taught by permanent law faculty and leading environmental lawyers and specialists.
Our goal is to prepare you to engage at many levels of environmental law and policy: to first understand the nature of environmental problems, to learn how law and policy can address the problems, to represent clients in a fast-moving field and to act effectively in world where environmental law and policy issues are profoundly important.
Features of the Environmental Law, Science & Policy program include:
- A certificate program that demonstrates your interest and skills to prospective employers
- Externship placements
- An online, student-run journal, the Arizona Journal of Environmental Law & Policy
- An active student-run Environmental Law Society
- The National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition
- A network of alumni, practicing all over the country and internationally
The Environmental Law, Science & Policy program also gives you the chance to take classes in other University of Arizona departments, including:
- Department of Geography
- Department of Economics
- Department of Agriculture & Resource Economics
- Department of Hydrology & Water Resources
- Water Resources Research Center
- School of Government & Public Policy
- School of Natural Resources & the Environment
- Department of Soil, Water & Environmental Science
- College of Architecture & Landscape Architecture
Learn more about opportunities in environmental studies and activities through the UA Environment & Sustainability Portal